Your support makes it possible for Girl Scouts to empower EVERY GIRL to make a difference in her community!
The Girl Scout tradition includes a keen focus on outdoor learning, camping, environmental stewardship, and environmental sustainability. As Girl Scouts walk the path of this tradition, they are guided through the Girl Scout Leadership Experience to be girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Still, these girls do so much more than sit beside the campfire. Take Helena for instance. Leading a team of sister Girl Scouts and working with Illinois master naturalists, she created an enrichment program for foxes and coyotes at a regional wildlife center. Consider also Makenzie who taught younger children to create and grow sustainable vegetable gardens. And how about Emily who created squirrel habitats? Elizabeth is another Girl Scout on a mission to community build. She visited the Southern Illinois Council’s camp properties in order to produce four promotional videos that Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois utilizes to share information about our properties with girls, parents, and potential funders.
Your Gift Helps To...
- Get girls outdoors!
- Enable girls to connect with and care for the environment
- Provide outdoor experiences, build leadership skills and create memories for a lifetime
- Purchase camp equipment (canoes, sailboars, etc.)
- Upgrade and improve facilities
- Increase water sport activites
- Offer financial assistance to allow EVERY girl to benefit from an outdoor experience