Give the Gift of the Great Outdoors
In today’s high-tech, fast-paced society, too many girls miss out on the camp experiences we enjoyed as kids - especially those girls who cannot afford to attend summer camp. With your gift to Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois’ Project Camp Campaign, you will help girls experience the outdoors - on the hiking trails, in the lake for a swim and around the campfire - where they can discover, connect and take action to make the world a better place!
Your support will help keep camp fees affordable for all families and provide nearly $37,000 in financial assistance so girls in need can experience camp. Your support will help girls develop into self-confident, resourceful young women - our future generation of leaders! With your help, we can continue to provide a magical and memorable camp experience for our nearly 14,000 girls.
How Your Support Can Help Fulfill Our Camp Wish List
- $2,500 can buy an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- $1,000 can help maintain our camp platform tents
- $500 can purchase cast iron cookware, hot dog forks, igloos, and other camp cooking equipment
- $100 can purchase 10 life jackets for water safety
- $75 can send one girl to a week-long camp
- $50 can purchase a camp mattress
- $25 can provide volunteer training materials, First Aid kits, or program arts and crafts supplies
To read more on the Project Camp campaign, click here.