Give the Gift of the Great Outdoors
Through Project Camp
In our fast-paced, high-tech world, too many girls miss out on the camp experiences we enjoyed as kids – especially those girls who don’t have the financial resources to attend summer camp. With your gift to GSSI’s 2013 Project Camp Campaign, you’ll help girls get back on the hiking trails, in the lake for a swim and around the campfire where they can explore, laugh, learn, and lead!
GSSI spends more than $230,000 annually to maintain our six resident and day camp properties and provides nearly $75,000 in financial assistance so all girls can experience camp. With your help, we can continue to provide a magical and memorable camp experience. Last year, more than 9,000 girls and volunteers used one of GSSI’s six camps and nearly 50 percent of girls who attended Resident Camp at Camp Cedar Point did so through a campership or financial assistance.
How Your Support Can Help Fulfill Our Camp Wish List
- $2,500 can send 8 girls to a week-long resident camp at Camp Cedar Point
- $1,000 can help maintain our camp platform tents
- $500 can purchase cast iron cookware, hot dog forks, igloos, and other camp cooking equipment
- $100 can purchase 10 life jackets for water safety
- $75 can send one girl to a week-long camp
- $50 can purchase a camp mattress
- $25 can provide volunteer training materials, First Aid kits, or program arts and crafts supplies
To read more on the Project Camp campaign, click here.