Give the Gift of the Great Outdoors
Girl Scouting has a long, storied and successful history of getting girls outdoors and popularizing the delightful campfire treat called the s’more. The Girl Scout Research Institute reports that girls who have outdoor experiences have a better appreciation for nature and the environment, gain courage in trying new things, create memories with friends and build leadership skills that will last a lifetime. Outdoor experiences create more than s’mores!
Your support will help keep outdoor program fees affordable and assist in providing nearly $150,000 in financial assistance so all girls have a chance to experience the outdoors through Girl Scouting. Your support will help build girls of courage, confidence and character - girls who will be our future generation of leaders! With your help, we can continue to provide magical and memorable outdoor experiences for our nearly 14,000 girls.
How Your Support Can Help Fulfill Our Camp Wish List
- $2,500 can buy an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- $1,000 can purchase two paddle boards and oars
- $500 can sponsor a girl to go on a four day outdoor adventure trip
- $375 can sponsor a girl to go on a three day backpacking trip
- $100 can purchase 10 life jackets for water safety
- $75 can send one girl to a week-long camp
- $50 can purchase a camp mattress
- $25 can provide volunteer training materials, First Aid kits, or program arts and crafts supplies
To read more on the Project Outdoors campaign, click here.