The fall NCM Program is a great way for girls to earn proceeds to fund the Girl Scout Leadership Experience for the year by selling high-quality nuts and candy, as well as popular magazines.
Troops earn 15% of their total profits (or 17% for Cadette-Ambassador troops who opt-out of rewards), which helps support activities like attending leadership-building programs, earning badges, going camping, taking field trips and buying troop meeting supplies.
Here’s an example of actual proceeds earned by a single GSofSI troop during the 2018 Fall Product Program:
Not to mention, 100% of the profits stay in Southern Illinois to support local Girl Scouts. Proceeds help fund quality programming, adult volunteer training, camp maintenance and improvement, plus financial assistance.
How Girls Benefit
Along with raising funds for their troop, girls can also earn patches and a variety of exciting rewards – including a special St. Louis Zoo Experience where they can become "Zoo parents" with a rhino adoption!
By participating in Girl Scout Product Programs, girls also learn these five key life skills:
Goal Setting: Girls set goals individually and with their troop, then they create a plan to reach them!
Decision Making: Girls help decide how the troop will spend their money using critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Money Management: As girls are responsible for taking orders and handling customers’ money, they gain valuable and practical life skills around financial literacy.
People Skills: Girls will learn how to talk, listen, and work with all kinds of people while selling nuts, candies, and magazines.
Business Ethics: Being responsible and honest throughout the sale will help reinforce positive values that girls will use in all aspects of life.
These skills are linked to a lifetime of leadership and success, and will help girls build confidence to achieve future goals!
To participate in the Fall Product Program, you will need an ACH form turned into council with your troop’s banking information, signed Statements of Responsibility and Permission forms, and attend training with your Service Unit. Resources to help make your NCM Program a success are available on the Nut, Candy, Magazine Program section of our website.
Before the Sale Starts
- Set up your troop bank account and turn in your ACH form
- Sign and turn in Statements of Responsibility and Girl Permission Forms
- Attend your Service Unit’s NCM training
- Review the 5 Skills that girls build during Girl Scout Product Programs
- Make sure the girls in your troop are registered Girl Scouts for the 2019-20 year
- Host a family meeting with your troop members’ caregivers
- Host a planning meeting with your troop
Kicking Off the Sale
- Make sure girls are registered for the NCM Program: GSofSI has uploaded of all the girls registered in your troop into M2OS. If you cannot find the name of a girl in your troop, ask her to register account under www.gsnutsandmags.com/gsofsi under your troop number. You will also be able to send a registration email to the girl’s parent/guardian from M2
- Follow the link sent to your email on September 16 that allows access to the M20S site. If you haven't received an email, please contact your Service Unit Fall Product Manager or Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois' Product Program team.
- Create & customize your Me2 Avatar
- Host or participate in a Nut Rally
Key Dates for Troop Volunteers:
- September 27: Nut Rallies
- September 28: Order taking begins
- October 20: End of order card portion of program & last day for parents to enter orders
- October 24: Order and payment due to troop
- October 27: Online sales end
- November 6: ACH Sweep
- November 11: Reward delivery to Service Units* (may be delayed due to Veterans Day holiday week)
- November 13-15: Nut & candy delivery to Service Units