Last year, more than 30,000 organizations in 68 countries came together to celebrate #GivingTuesday. Since its founding in 2012, #GivingTuesday has inspired giving around the world, resulting in greater donations, volunteer hours and activities that bring about real change in communities. We invite you to join the movement and to help get the word out to give this December 1.
Five Ways to Get Involved:
- Perform a random act of kindness. Pay it forward. Do a good deed.
- Volunteer. Your talents and time are valuable!
- Give it your all! Make a commitment to positive words and thoughts. Smile!
- Make a donation to a non-profit making a difference in the world.
- Spread the word about #GivingTuesday on social media. Help make good go viral with the #unselfie campaign (see below).
Thank you for your support of Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois (GSSI). We wanted to take a moment to share with you some of the ways contributions to GSSI have made a difference in the lives of nearly 14,000 girls in Southern Illinois.