VOLUNTEER TODAY…or tomorrow or once a month…or even once a year!
Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois offers many volunteer opportunities in addition to the traditional Girl Scout Leader role. Be a role model and make a difference in a young girl’s life!
Click here for Volunteer Opportunities available to fit your schedule.
It's easy to become a volunteer! Just follow these steps:
1. Submit Background Checks - E-mail or mail in your DCFS background check to firstname.lastname@example.org or Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois, #4 Ginger Creek Parkway, Glen Carbon, IL 62034. Criminal Background Checks should be completed by leaders, assistant leaders and money handlers in a troop or service unit. These are conducted through Verified Volunteers.
2. Complete an Adult Registration form - Adult Registration Form. Be sure to submit the $15 membership fee with your registration form.
3. Complete any additional screening requirements and trainings specific to your volunteer role. These will be listed in your volunteer approval e-mail notification. Click here to go to the Adult Training Page now.
You're now ready to volunteer!
12 Easy Steps to Starting a Girl Scout Troop
Benefits of Volunteering
- Spend quality time with your daughter and her friends
- Invest your time in bettering your community
- Make a difference in a girl's life by sharing your knowledge, experience, and skills
- Build your own self-confidence and self-esteem
- Develop leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Serve as a positive role model for girls of all ages
- Learn new skills and try new activities
- Have fun, make friends, and feel like a kid again!
If you need more information or would like to share your thoughts, click here